Dedicated Underground Worship
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Funeral Mist- Maranatha

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
malekith
Amniotic Sac


Posts : 31
Join date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:42 am

Nerw album out on 23rd. Looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skeletonplague
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Ah yes this is one of my most highly anticipated releases for 09
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.skeletonplaguerecords.com
Guido
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2008-10-18
Location : Decadent country

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:41 pm

Yes sure, but you forget guys to show the nice cover of this opus:

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/2/2/5/5/225598.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ysengrin.net
skeletonplague
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:34 pm

that is a tasty cover
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.skeletonplaguerecords.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:49 pm

lol@ the cover. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
skeletonplague
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:09 pm

its going to be so good, i absolutely love funeral mist
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.skeletonplaguerecords.com
jb
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 632
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:29 am

What is Funeral Mist? EVERYBODY is creaming their pants over this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 am

jb wrote:
What is Funeral Mist? EVERYBODY is creaming their pants over this.
http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=2854

Well, I'm not quite creaming my pants over it, but I can't speak for the others. I enoyed Devilry somewhat, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:55 am

jb wrote:
What is Funeral Mist? EVERYBODY is creaming their pants over this.

It's religious "Black" Metal made by christians for trendy people. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:23 am

Shaxul wrote:
jb wrote:
What is Funeral Mist? EVERYBODY is creaming their pants over this.

It's religious "Black" Metal made by christians for trendy people. Simple as that.

i did think "Norma Evangelium Diaboli" was a religious label, is that the case?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:40 am

Yeah, so I've heard. Regardless, I think "Funeral Mist" and "Nightside Phantom" are decent songs. Otherwise, too heavy on the vocal distortion and I don't like the fact that they're religious crap, but... whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
oriasnuclearvomit
Bestial War Tyrant
avatar

Posts : 341
Join date : 2008-10-17
Age : 32
Location : Whiskey Southern Hell

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:49 am

Shaxul wrote:
jb wrote:
What is Funeral Mist? EVERYBODY is creaming their pants over this.

It's religious "Black" Metal made by christians for trendy people. Simple as that.

Isn't that the band that helped turn your old band mates gay?

_________________
Carnal Sadist Productions
http://csp.circleofdestruction.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://csp.circleofdestruction.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:22 am

Yes, among others. Especially MALIGN and OFERMOD, the latest band having a member that married at the church. WATAIN was an influence for them as well but I've heard they have jumped on the newest trend now, "anti-cosmic" bullshit. But these bands try to keep a somewhat "mysterious" aura around them so blind people think it's so great. Read their lyrics and interviews and then you'll know. As for the music, I hate it but I do understand if people like it. The worst thing with this homosexual movement is they are religious scum. Humans are definitely dumb.
Back to top Go down
jb
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 632
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:31 am

Shaxul wrote:
Humans are definitely dumb.

No shit.
Anyhow, thanks for the enlightening. I didn't I was going to give them much of my attention, given all the hype surrounding it, but now I'm quite sure I'll avoid this like plague.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skeletonplague
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:43 pm

jb wrote:

...now I'm quite sure I'll avoid this like plague.

Don't avoid the plague brother spread it!!! (shameless plug had to do it)

but seriously, i would beg to differ that this is religious black metal made by christians etc. and the label Norma Evangelium Diaboli, would literally translate to "Organization of the devils gospel" or close to that anyhow, not exactly the most biblical promoting name huh? of course i dont run the label or own any of their other stuff besides the funeral mist stuff, but for the sake of argument hey?. the real problem is with calling things this or that and blah blah blah. will everyone agree? nope. but are they trendy? i doubt it. i dont see people at the mall all walking around in their funeral mist t-shirts. ha, even some people here didn't know what it was. i thought trendy meant the newest fad that everyone was into... shit this band must be like beanie babies, and it must be everywhere else besides where i am because i sure dont see it. as for lyrics interviews etc... somehow i dont think lyrics like "shine through me satan, yes live now through this tool of yours" promote good christian values.. now i could be wrong but given i was forced to go to church for a large part of my life i think i have a handle on what its all about. i guess marduk must be gay too since these two bands share the same vocalist, and then of course all of us funeral mist and marduk fans must be dumb humans... interesting theory. but hey, to each their own i guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.skeletonplaguerecords.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Obviously, like most people in the "scene", you didn't understand the "message" from these bands. Satan is their God and they worship what is written in the Bible so when you say "not exactly the most biblical promoting name", you show you didn't catch their point at all. For them the only Satan is the one in the christian Bible. You never asked yourself why they quote the Bible all the time... They say they are slaves to "Him", what a pride to be a slave, right? And of course the "boss" of NOEVDIA haven't been one of your best friends during more than 8 years, so please don't judge something you don't know.
Here you can find NOEVDIA stuffs in every big music store like VIRGIN, FNAC, etc... Close to Nu Metal, Pop music or Reggae. It includes DEATHSPELL OMEGA re-releases, done without my agreement, erasing my lyrics because they were anti-religous. They want to sell as much as possible to "evangelize" people (their words). To spread the plague, well, OK but among people able to understand it. Otherwise the idea and approach is the same as MARILYN MANSON (by the way most of the religious BM bands respect him totally). This is typical judeo-christianism. Face the facts. But if you want to be a sheep it's up to you of course, no problem with me. They made a circus and so many people follow them. At least I'll keep on thinking by myself and boycotting what I call the "For Him" trendies.
To sum it all up, religious satanists are as stupid and blind as any other religious human insect.
And yes, now MARDUK is gay indeed and their fans are dumb normal humans.
Back to top Go down
jb
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 632
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:44 pm

No disrespect, SPR, but I'm stand against this wave and its stupid followers. Shaxul's post is quite comprehensive and accurate, it sums my thoughts pretty well.

Boycott Satanic Propagayda and Norma Evangelium Diaboli (though SPR's motives are not spiritual, but financial.... money-hungry whore).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:58 pm

while I pretty much agree with Shaxul on the religious thing, I have to say that listening to them doesn't make one a "sheep;" what makes one a sheep is if one buys into this theistic satanism nonsense. I understand wanting to boycott them, but listening to a bit of "orthodox BM" does not make one automatically turn into a theistic xian devil worshiper is all.

Personally, I can say that I do not financially support bands like this and don't actually own their releases, though a former friend of mine made me listen to them at some point, and I thought they were all right until same guy bitched at me for not "fully appreciating" their religious aspect (because I just said some of the songs are okay, I essentially ignored their whole image and lyrical matter). Needless to say, I didn't end up buying any of their stuff, and the former friend is a former friend now due to his obsession and psychoticness relating to "orthodox BM."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Ah, SATANIC PROPAGANDA... Typical religious wimp. Talk to him, you'll notice the guy is a "believer"! He REALLY believes in GOD and SATAN as entities, and he admitted he was a christian from this point of view! By the way he wanted to sign some bands I know and they told him to fuck off because they also noticed he was a christian when they asked him about this topic... Sometimes it makes me laugh but on the other hand it shows that some trends are very strong. The best is to ignore/boycott them, but it's not always so easy. At least I am one of the very few in the scene to do so, while most labels/distros support any kind of shit. Maybe I should create a new "quality certificate" for my distro : "100% religions free"! Haha...
Mureintier, as I said, I have nothing against people thinking some of their music is good. What I hate is people deeply into their religion. And as you have noticed, they get upsed when you say you are not into it. Have you tried to convince a christian that he is wrong? Well, just try and the reaction is exactly the same!!! They are brainwashed. There's nothing you can do. Except ignoring/boycotting them, once again...
Back to top Go down
skeletonplague
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:05 pm

Shaxul wrote:
Obviously, like most people in the "scene", you didn't understand the "message" from these bands. Satan is their God and they worship what is written in the Bible so when you say "not exactly the most biblical promoting name", you show you didn't catch their point at all. For them the only Satan is the one in the christian Bible. You never asked yourself why they quote the Bible all the time... They say they are slaves to "Him", what a pride to be a slave, right? And of course the "boss" of NOEVDIA haven't been one of your best friends during more than 8 years, so please don't judge something you don't know.
Here you can find NOEVDIA stuffs in every big music store like VIRGIN, FNAC, etc... Close to Nu Metal, Pop music or Reggae. It includes DEATHSPELL OMEGA re-releases, done without my agreement, erasing my lyrics because they were anti-religous. They want to sell as much as possible to "evangelize" people (their words). To spread the plague, well, OK but among people able to understand it. Otherwise the idea and approach is the same as MARILYN MANSON (by the way most of the religious BM bands respect him totally). This is typical judeo-christianism. Face the facts. But if you want to be a sheep it's up to you of course, no problem with me. They made a circus and so many people follow them. At least I'll keep on thinking by myself and boycotting what I call the "For Him" trendies.
To sum it all up, religious satanists are as stupid and blind as any other religious human insect.
And yes, now MARDUK is gay indeed and their fans are dumb normal humans.

Since I don't follow a religion, I am not worried about missing any points. I have had enough religious BS in my life to last me a lifetime. It could easily be said that anyone sporting an inverted cross, pentagram, etc is promoting religious connotations, it all depends on the context used. Furthermore you talk about judging things you don't know. Well, you don't know me, and yet i am a dumb human because of what bands I listen to? Feel free to boycott what you like, and to have your opinion as I have mine, however don't tell me I am dumb because of what I listen to, it doesn't really make you much different than anyone else your speaking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.skeletonplaguerecords.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Quote :
Mureintier, as I said, I have nothing against people thinking some of their music is good. What I hate is people deeply into their religion. And as you have noticed, they get upsed when you say you are not into it. Have you tried to convince a christian that he is wrong? Well, just try and the reaction is exactly the same!!! They are brainwashed. There's nothing you can do. Except ignoring/boycotting them, once again
Yes, exactly. Which is why I don't financially support them. This guy I knew, who was in a religious BM band, actually seemed very offended when I said I just ignored the lyrics because they were stupid/religious! Same as christians, yes, and it's a fucking terrible thing in general, just having these morons associated with BM in any way. And I have to say, after the incident with this guy bitching at me for not appreciating the moronic religious shit, I have not listened to a single FM song because it makes me think of that every time.

Quote :
It could easily be said that anyone sporting an inverted cross, pentagram, etc is promoting religious connotations, it all depends on the context used.
Or antichristianity, but you get that association, yeah. Still, I think it's the motive behind it that counts. Say, if I am wearing an inverted cross, it's because I hate ALL religion, from xianity to theistic satanism. If a orthodox-bm-type is wearing one, it may be because he prays to the devil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
skeletonplague
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 pm

nureintier wrote:



Or antichristianity, but you get that association, yeah. Still, I think it's the motive behind it that counts. Say, if I am wearing an inverted cross, it's because I hate ALL religion, from xianity to theistic satanism. If a orthodox-bm-type is wearing one, it may be because he prays to the devil.

Just as I understand the valid points of each side of it. However, I don't judge people based on what they listen to and call them gay. I actually completely agree with some of the things Shaxul has to say, but being that I dont follow a religion, im free to argue any side of it without being bound down by a set of beliefs. it doesnt mean that i dont oppose christianity and its herd-like mentality, i do very much so, but even if these bands promote theistic satanism, it doesnt mean that they are promoting christianity. its still two separate belief systems regardless of the biblical connection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.skeletonplaguerecords.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:38 pm

Well, I think Shaxul's point is that promoting reverse Christianity is just as bad as promoting the other kind; and certainly it's an irritation with people thinking that has anything to do with BM.

Quote :
but even if these bands promote theistic satanism, it doesnt mean that they are promoting christianity. its still two separate belief systems regardless of the biblical connection.
Well, the Christians would say the theistic satanism people aren't the same as them, but I can't see a whole lot of difference there, despite a few minor things such as which entity from the bible they are following. It's not really different from xianity except that they change the name of who they are following.

For me, I'd have to say I lump anyone who follows any entity from the bible into the same category as any other person who follows a different entity from the bible. They may change a few words and invert a few symbols, but I really don't think they're any different fundamentally.

Quote :
However, I don't judge people based on what they listen to and call them gay.
Well yes, it is a good point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
jb
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 632
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:01 pm

skeletonplague wrote:
Just as I understand the valid points of each side of it. However, I don't judge people based on what they listen to and call them gay.

Sorry, but I do. I beg forgiveness Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Not directly related to FM, but regarding the idea of orthodox BM being the same as Christianity, here is a small excerpt from a zine (Funeral March 2) interview with a guy who runs Astrum Argentum, which i feel expresses why these people are morons:
Quote :
Okay, I see. What demands do you have for the bands you promote?
I have no demands, this work is in His servitude, witnessing the arising award is enough.

But the bands have to have certain vision of Black Metal and the ideology surrounding it, right?
Correct, I only work with those who have certain religious beliefs, be it Orthodox Devil Worship, Luciferianism, Dark Germanic Heathenism, or any aspect of alternative Satanism."
Replace the idea of Satan here with God and it's exactly Christianity, It could come from a magazine in which they are interviewing a Xian label/band/person. It is the same thing, and that's why it sucks that such people are in BM.

Therefore, I am going to agree with Shaxul that

theistic satanism = xianity,

and furthermore, that it has no place in black metal. They should fuck off and go play gospel music at the local church instead. imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   

Back to top Go down
 
Funeral Mist- Maranatha
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Funeral of Jimi Hendrix, Miles was there.
» Ron's Funeral held Jan 13th, Humane Society donation info
» Rock Classic - Fighter "Bang the Drum"
» FS:Saffron kilt / Diced hose / Laird's plaid
» Stevie Wonder DVD Live at the AEG Arena London 2008

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antihuman Terror Forum :: Metal Topics :: Black Terror Art-
Jump to: