Dedicated Underground Worship
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Deus Ignotus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-10-21
Location : Hellas

PostSubject: Deus Ignotus   Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:05 am

They are searching for another band to make a split release.

http://www.myspace.com/deusignotus

I guess it must be similar to their sound.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
avrlabel
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 578
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:22 am

Just got in mail their last material, Ive draw some cover artwork for band, interesting sound..
Support!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jb
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 632
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:32 am

I reviewed the first demo:


Quote :
Deus Ignotus is an unknown black metal band heading from Helena, part of what I'd be inspired to call the underground Greek Black Metal "scene", formed by bands like Tenebrae Semitarius, No Hand Path etc... "Post-2000" would also be an important factor.
So, I am left herein to review the very first demo of one of these embryonic bands, with the fatality of one who is weary. For this demo is flawed, not all that bad, but unoriginal and tiring on the long run, which, fortunately, does not run that long.

On these five tracks, two are intro and outro, reminiscent of Burzum's Dungeons of Darkness, except that Vikernes made sure no one would hear the laundry machine. The intro is basically speed-varied sounds of laundry machine with some baboons growling over it. Suicide Accomplishment starts off very well with a distorted delay-ridden arpeggio, creating, what, oh Gods, could that be atmosphere? Was I granted what I sought? Well kind of. Atmosphere, and then aggression. The song floods pretty well with reasonably distorted guitar, easily-heard bass (off-tempo, for the most part, pity), poor production, and shit-sounding drums.

Tin-can, reminiscent, heh? Electronic crash cymbals, weak snare. But, at least, REAL drums. No need to be picky those days. The second track blasts off with some early dimmu-inspired riff, quite all right. Only problem, this is then you realize how weak and poor the guitars sound. The vocals are reverb-driven yells, taking influences from thrash and black. The third track has the same pattern: it starts off with very nice riffing, definitely black metal, nice ideas indeed, and few flaws. This is the highlight of the demo. The outro brings another kind atmosphere with cold ambiances, intense and droning, and then, fading out in the dark.

Overall, this is a very basic demo, with good ideas, ambiance, some atmosphere, which suffer from extremely bad production, poor musicianship (not that important, this). With a good production, more coherence and less repetition, I reckon this would prove a pretty cool work of second wave black metal, cold, dark, and stone-hearted. I await the second stroke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-10-21
Location : Hellas

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 am

avrlabel wrote:
Just got in mail their last material, Ive draw some cover artwork for band, interesting sound..
Support!

Milovan, I recommended you, to these guys and showed them some drawings of you! Wink So, they contacted you...

Also, my girlfriend is designing now the tape artwork with your art and I have made a contribution with a small drawing of myself. I'm honored that I will be featured together with you in their artwork, man! hehe Just wait a few days till you get the tape and tell me your opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
avrlabel
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 578
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:15 am

Lycaon wrote:
avrlabel wrote:
Just got in mail their last material, Ive draw some cover artwork for band, interesting sound..
Support!

Milovan, I recommended you, to these guys and showed them some drawings of you! Wink So, they contacted you...

Also, my girlfriend is designing now the tape artwork with your art and I have made a contribution with a small drawing of myself. I'm honored that I will be featured together with you in their artwork, man! hehe Just wait a few days till you get the tape and tell me your opinion.

Yes, guys have said to me that they are friend of you (one of reasons why I havent thinking to accept to draw something for them)..Great brother, Ill wait to see our works on same materials!!!
Ive sent mail to you btw!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-10-21
Location : Hellas

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:21 am

jb wrote:
I reviewed the first demo:


Quote :
Deus Ignotus is an unknown black metal band heading from Helena, part of what I'd be inspired to call the underground Greek Black Metal "scene", formed by bands like Tenebrae Semitarius, No Hand Path etc... "Post-2000" would also be an important factor.
So, I am left herein to review the very first demo of one of these embryonic bands, with the fatality of one who is weary. For this demo is flawed, not all that bad, but unoriginal and tiring on the long run, which, fortunately, does not run that long.

On these five tracks, two are intro and outro, reminiscent of Burzum's Dungeons of Darkness, except that Vikernes made sure no one would hear the laundry machine. The intro is basically speed-varied sounds of laundry machine with some baboons growling over it. Suicide Accomplishment starts off very well with a distorted delay-ridden arpeggio, creating, what, oh Gods, could that be atmosphere? Was I granted what I sought? Well kind of. Atmosphere, and then aggression. The song floods pretty well with reasonably distorted guitar, easily-heard bass (off-tempo, for the most part, pity), poor production, and shit-sounding drums.

Tin-can, reminiscent, heh? Electronic crash cymbals, weak snare. But, at least, REAL drums. No need to be picky those days. The second track blasts off with some early dimmu-inspired riff, quite all right. Only problem, this is then you realize how weak and poor the guitars sound. The vocals are reverb-driven yells, taking influences from thrash and black. The third track has the same pattern: it starts off with very nice riffing, definitely black metal, nice ideas indeed, and few flaws. This is the highlight of the demo. The outro brings another kind atmosphere with cold ambiances, intense and droning, and then, fading out in the dark.

Overall, this is a very basic demo, with good ideas, ambiance, some atmosphere, which suffer from extremely bad production, poor musicianship (not that important, this). With a good production, more coherence and less repetition, I reckon this would prove a pretty cool work of second wave black metal, cold, dark, and stone-hearted. I await the second stroke.

Yeah, I didn't hear the best words for you either, from band jb Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
jb
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 632
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 am

Mmh?
What do you mean?

As for Deus Ignotus, their first demo was poor, just average.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-10-21
Location : Hellas

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Never mind, I don't know the conversation you had with D.I. and I can't say anything. I just wanted to tease you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
jb
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 632
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:58 pm

I never had any conversation :/

I just got a promo from a friend who wanted my opinion, and there it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avrlabel
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 578
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Wed May 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Just got five copies of last tape of band for distro...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avrlabel
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 578
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:28 am

Just got the few copies of first demo, tape version by Frozen darkness limited to 99..Nice lazout and not bad material, I have few for trade or sell..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Deus Ignotus   

Back to top Go down
 
Deus Ignotus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antihuman Terror Forum :: Metal Topics :: Black Terror Art-
Jump to: