Antihuman Terror Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated Underground Worship

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

dawning of a new age

Go down 
+5
Witchhammer
oriasnuclearvomit
4knives
blockman
parasyte
9 posters
AuthorMessage
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

dawning of a new age Empty
PostSubject: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:41 pm

parasyte wrote:
yes most people find first Gehenna's spell their best material, i personally find black seared heart their best material, midwinterforest (on the cd release) being my favourite all time gehenna track.

I think the reason that gehenna's 2nd spell still remains as my favourite bm cd of all time is because it was the first one that i listened to and *i got it* and i think this has happened for a lot of people, the first album which truely got to them, where bm clicked with them is quite often still their favourite bm cd to that date, because they had never truely felt these emotions before and the first time you really feel those emotions they burn the strongest...

kind of like taking a drug, the first time you take it is generally the best since after that you are always hungering for that fix which you felt before and you usually cant quite recreate that feeling...

or this is my thought on this anyway... but i have spoken to many people whose favourite bm album is still the one that first touched them.

i guess this kind of explains why BM will always be the music which i live for

just cross posting a bit, I was curious how everyone got into it all really...
I'd heard immortal's battles in the north though it hadnt really done that much for me, (id boght immortal simply because i liked kiss and king diamond/MF so i thought, hey immortal has a similar image maybe they'll be good too)

I bought a terrorizer zine that summer of 96, which had a feature on gehenna due to the release of the second spell. I'd never read anyting like this, my friend and I took the terrorizer zine out of the store and went to sit on some steps outside a building and flicked through the zine mesmerized by this world that was being opened before us that we knew nothing about. we read through the a rticles under the night sky just round the corner frm the HMV (yes kvlt) and walked back into HMV the next day and picked up 2nd spell as we'd neve rread anything like that interview... and played that cd 2,3 sometims even 5 times every day for a good 4-5months straight.

that same summer dawn of apocalypse was formed and we started playing raw bm, a genre we wouldnt discover for a quite a while to go
Back to top Go down
http://kriegsphilosophie.com
blockman
Amniotic Sac

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Well I was really into thrash at the time and was getting into a bit of death metal then I went to the store and ended up coming out with Blood Fire Death and Deathcrush and after that I started looking more into this thing called Black Metal. The two things that solidified the supremacy of this genre for me were the Belketre half of MTTBH and the Basilisk full length. I remember sitting there listening to those for hours and hours on end for quite sometime.
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:32 pm

yes that belketre side is brilliant, i love the VT side as well, i got that split back in 99 and used to sit in the computer labs at the university listening to it, its what got me to start my distro, kind of lifted my appreciation of BM to a different level from where I had been as I was enjoying a much wider range of metal back then, i suddenly seemed to become more narrowminded from the moment i would spin that split cd and the mutii - remains cd

maybe narrowminded is the wrong thing to say, i found my niche within bm

Last edited by parasyte on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4knives
Hate Supremacist
4knives

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 pm

I was into thrash metal at the time, anthrax, megadeth, kreator, coroner, dark angel... and I loved My Dying Bride... then I got into Celtic Frost starting backwards from Into the Pandemonium to Emperor's Return. I skipped Morbid Tales, then.
Slowly into death metal and finally, after a lot of reading here and there in 'zines and magazines, and reading bad reviews of the first marduk cd, and a review of Transylvanian Hunger that credited that record as crap, I decided to try a listen to those grim and awesome records I spotted in the stone down at the corner. That way I got "In the nightside eclipse" in 1995. It was something I've never listened to before, I could find some celtic frost stuff I was listening to at the time, but mainly it was great. I didn't know a lot of people in black metal around my area so I basically bought stuff on my own: Dissection, Immortal, Burzum. I found out that a friend of mine was into black metal as well and he was buying more stuff, so I just went there listening to his records. He had Dawn and the first Ildjarn record... he was a lot into Mayhem... I couldn't get into them a lot, maybe because I was listening daily to other stuff.

I started to discover other black metal scenes when starting a radio show. It was then that I received a promo of Visionaries of the Macabre 2 and I got in touch with Krieg and from there I discovered Judas Iscariot and other more underground stuff. I knew Profanatica because of a shop that had a bunch of old shirts, but I got a Carpathian Full Moon one...

If I think to that past, I remember the first time watching and listening to Iron Maiden, watching a video on tv... the first time I heard Sepultura at a radio show. It was something my child' mind couldn't bear and then from some roots (manowar, bathory, celtic frost) I got used to other stuff...

Sometimes I do regret not having bought one or two records, but I think I can trace a path through my oldest lps and cds. A lot of the stuff bring me nice memories of days listening to the same record for weeks...
Back to top Go down
oriasnuclearvomit
Bestial War Tyrant
oriasnuclearvomit

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:40 am

I have to think back 10-11 years here...

It started with a lot of thrash and punk for me. Since my pre-teens I was into bands like English Dogs, Sodom, Discharge, Broken Bones, Kreator, and Celtic Frost...even some bands like Obituary, Death, and King Diamond....

Then I found Beherit...it was all over from there. Once I heard "The Oath of Black Blood" I knew I was hooked. It's ll downhill from here.
Back to top Go down
http://csp.circleofdestruction.net
Witchhammer
Amniotic Sac

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:58 am

About two years ago I had sort of just got into death metal (after a brief two month metalcore gayness phase:oops: ) and decided to investigate black metal due to Wiki's (yes, I know...) quite awesome description of black metal having a "vocal style reminiscent of torture." Keep in mind Wikipedia used to have a GOOD article on black metal! Very Happy

Anyway, decided I'd check some samples of Mayhem as they seemed to be pretty important to the genre. Went to Amazon and looked for De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, but it had no samples. Then I checked Deathcrush and well...

I still consider it absolute pure musical perfection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/emperorrobbo
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:03 am

4knives wrote:
If I think to that past, I remember the first time watching and listening to Iron Maiden, watching a video on tv... the first time I heard Sepultura at a radio show. It was something my child' mind couldn't bear

kind of reminds me of seeing these brutal death metal videos in 1992/1993 on MTV when iw as 12/13 yrs old and i didnt know what wa shappening I was sooo confused and I couldnt quite take it all in, i mean i was only watching headbanger's ball since i loved seeing Kiss on beavis n butthead and then when "into the pit" 30min of thrash, black and death metal came on after headbangers ball i didnt know what to think, i dont think i could sleep that night after seeing the morbid angel god of emptiness video Laughing
Back to top Go down
jb
Goat Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:46 am

Last edited by jb on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4knives
Hate Supremacist
4knives

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:58 am

parasyte wrote:
4knives wrote:
If I think to that past, I remember the first time watching and listening to Iron Maiden, watching a video on tv... the first time I heard Sepultura at a radio show. It was something my child' mind couldn't bear

kind of reminds me of seeing these brutal death metal videos in 1992/1993 on MTV when iw as 12/13 yrs old and i didnt know what wa shappening I was sooo confused and I couldnt quite take it all in, i mean i was only watching headbanger's ball since i loved seeing Kiss on beavis n butthead and then when "into the pit" 30min of thrash, black and death metal came on after headbangers ball i didnt know what to think, i dont think i could sleep that night after seeing the morbid angel god of emptiness video Laughing

I have two episodes in mind. When I was 10 my sister had a friend who ran a radio show called "Extreme Aggressions" and I went into the car of my parents listening to it. And first they played something like nwobhm and then suddenly they got into death metal, I don't remember the song, and it was just chaos and I felt like "what the hell is this?".
I remember then the first time I saw the Arise video on tv, in the afternoon... no mtv here at the time, but a great channel, italian channel called videomusic. same response, just chaos, these guys headbanging, a crucified guy and this senseless (at the time - now it sounds slow!!!) drum beating.
Back to top Go down
Guido
Hate Supremacist
Guido

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:20 am

I was into heavy/thrash metal stuff for years (Metallica, Megadeth, Sepultura...), and discovered (it was on the radio) a fucking extreme track at this time for me, one from the LIVE IN GERMANIA of MARDUK, in 1997. It was the birth of extreme music for me (death and black metal).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ysengrin.net

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:41 pm

parasyte wrote:
4knives wrote:

I have seen that show, too... damn was that awesome back then. I always had to video tape it but that was no problem.

this really gave me the kick into black metal and death metal.
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:51 pm

Spellbound by two albums. Dismember's Indecent & Obscene (heard in a friend's home) and Rotting Christ's Triarchy of the lost lovers (another friend made me a tape). Dont remember which came first, but same period for sure. Triarchy didn't get me into raw black metal rather than making me feel some sort of magic that only in black metal can feel. Still considered two of my favorite albums although have passed 10-11 years.
Back to top Go down
http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
nureintier

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Quote :
kind of like taking a drug, the first time you take it is generally the best since after that you are always hungering for that fix which you felt before and you usually cant quite recreate that feeling...

or this is my thought on this anyway... but i have spoken to many people whose favourite bm album is still the one that first touched them.
Well-said, all of this. It's all sort of a blur for me because I started a thrash zine in '95, I mostly only read punk zines (I didn't even listen to punk really, but I liked reading the zines because they were more underground than some of the satanism and metal zines I subscreibed to at the time, I liked the attitude and DIY shit, not the music so much) mostly the shit I listened to was Metallica, Anthrax, Venom and shit and suddenly UG BM and DM tapes just started coming in from everywhere, and I have no idea what the first BM I ever heard was! all that shit has been lost over the years. I only remember being terribly fascinated by all these bands who looked weird and wore black and has really fucked up music that blew my mind. We used to sit around getting high and listening to Morbid Angel and while I appreciated them on some level I could ever get into death metal of any sort really. Meanwhile a friend and I were attempting to form a band which was sort of black/thrash which is a genre I didn't know existed at that point and I put out a terrible demo demo in'97 which had NO fucking bass on it, lol. I had always tended to wear all black and have inverted cross necklaces and shit so when I found BM everything just sort of fit together. I got extremely sick a few years ago and was unable to play a guitar or listen to music (due to ear problems) and just recently got back into things more than ever. I've said it before, but black metal is absolutely the only thing in life that makes any sort of sense to me or that I value. I'm probably obsessed and neurotic. oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:42 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:
Quote :

Well-said, all of this. It's all sort of a blur for me because I started a thrash zine in '95, I mostly only read punk zines (I didn't even listen to punk really, but I liked reading the zines because they were more underground than some of the satanism and metal zines I subscreibed to at the time, I liked the attitude and DIY shit, not the music so much) mostly the shit I listened to was Metallica, Anthrax, Venom and shit and suddenly UG BM and DM tapes just started coming in from everywhere, and I have no idea what the first BM I ever heard was! all that shit has been lost over the years. I only remember being terribly fascinated by all these bands who looked weird and wore black and has really fucked up music that blew my mind. We used to sit around getting high and listening to Morbid Angel and while I appreciated them on some level I could ever get into death metal of any sort really. Meanwhile a friend and I were attempting to form a band which was sort of black/thrash which is a genre I didn't know existed at that point and I put out a terrible demo demo in'97 which had NO fucking bass on it, lol. I had always tended to wear all black and have inverted cross necklaces and shit so when I found BM everything just sort of fit together. I got extremely sick a few years ago and was unable to play a guitar or listen to music (due to ear problems) and just recently got back into things more than ever. I've said it before, but black metal is absolutely the only thing in life that makes any sort of sense to me or that I value. I'm probably obsessed and neurotic. oh well.

too bad you dont have the old zines anymore, would be interesting otherwise to see some page scans from that. d you still have your black thrash demo to rip into mp3 for us? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
nureintier

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 pm

parasyte wrote:
too bad you dont have the old zines anymore, would be interesting otherwise to see some page scans from that. d you still have your black thrash demo to rip into mp3 for us? Very Happy
Yeah, pisses me off. I'm trying to get in touch with the people who also wrote for them to get old copies, but I think they are all meth addicts now, lol. there might be some of my own at least still in my parents' attic so i will tear their house apart looking for shit when i'm there next month. i could've sworn i at least saw some pages, if not whole issues, but most everything was lost when i moved a while back, one way or the other.

I have the tape, also found in a box in my parents' attic, but it is too awful to let more people hear so i am rerecording. seriously, bad shit. ^_^ my corpse paint was also pretty bad, not enough black in it. i looked like a goth kid. sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dawning of a new age   dawning of a new age I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dawning of a new age
Page 1 of 1