Dedicated Underground Worship
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:07 pm

what kind of movies do you people watch?
and does anyone have any good recommendations to make?

a quick top 10 for me would be as follows.

Tetsuo: The Iron man
Thirteenth Warrior
Tom Yum Goong
Endless Summer 2
Terminator 2 JUdgement Day
Die Hard
Point Break
Shadow of the Vampire
The Hidden
Natural Born Killers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
4knives
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 39
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:18 pm

finally someone that recognizes that TETSUO is a great movie!!!
I can't make a list... I like all kind of movies, from slapstick comedy to experimental ones... I like japanese movies (Kurosawa, Ozu, Mizoguchi, Wakamatsu, Tsukamoto, Miike, Kitano... and more... even some movies of Miyazaki).
I like italian directors (Fellini, Leone, Moretti...) I really liked Gomorra. It's a great movie.
About comedy, yeah... I like Ben Stiller and those stupid comedies (still have to watch Tropic Thunder...) but I just watch them on tv when I don't have nothing else to do, beer, chips and my gf... but something I can't stop doing is watching the movies from Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma...).
Try to watch Salo or 120 Days of Sodoma by Pier Paolo Pasolini. It's the most tragic movies he has ever shot, but maybe his best one is the first "Accattone" ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:07 pm

yes i love tsukamoto's material. tetsuo is my all time favorite movie
my ex had a lot o miike's stuff too, but i dont think i watched much of it.
miyazaki from studio gihbli?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:02 pm

off the top of my head, I'd say:

Evil Dead 2
Reanimator
Dellamore Dellamorte
The Reflecting Skin
Cabinet of Dr Caligari
Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes
die Blechtrommel
Gates of Hell
(or any Fulci. So bad they're good)
Phantasm
Singapore Sling


Basically I can't stand anything put out by hollywood, no matter what the genre, I can't stand most comedy unless it's something like Braindead, and I watch mostly horror and exploitation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:15 pm

cabinet of dr caligari!!! i love silent movies, my favourite one is nosferatu though.
my ex gf's grandmother used to play organ in a silent movie theatre.

I'd call the evil dead trilogy comedy though, do you prefer evil dead 2, to army of darkness?
someone told me they're apparently remaking evil dead, which doesnt make any sense to me
since evil dead 2 is pretty much a remake of evil dead...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:19 pm

yeah i love most old german expressionist films really.
parasyte wrote:
I'd call the evil dead trilogy comedy though, do you prefer evil dead 2, to army of darkness?
someone told me they're apparently remaking evil dead, which doesnt make any sense to me
since evil dead 2 is pretty much a remake of evil dead...
Yeah, but I mean I only watch comedy if there is a lot of gore in it, not the kind of comedy with like jim carrey or ben stiller in it. ^_^ I like AOD all right but I like ED and ED2 better. It would piss me off if they remade ED. =0\ apparently there are no more original ideas left for movies. ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:47 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:
yeah i love most old german expressionist films really.
parasyte wrote:
I'd call the evil dead trilogy comedy though, do you prefer evil dead 2, to army of darkness?
someone told me they're apparently remaking evil dead, which doesnt make any sense to me
since evil dead 2 is pretty much a remake of evil dead...
Yeah, but I mean I only watch comedy if there is a lot of gore in it, not the kind of comedy with like jim carrey or ben stiller in it. ^_^ I like AOD all right but I like ED and ED2 better. It would piss me off if they remade ED. =0\ apparently there are no more original ideas left for movies. ^_^

I remember readin on bruce cambell's site years ago that they have been writing script afterscript to make a 4th evil dead but they never progressed past writing the scripts since they felt none of the scripts were ever original enough.

I would highly recommend shadow of the vampire to you, even though it is a holywood movie, it's great.

try to ignore the stupid holywood trailer voice, it really is not a very holywood-esque film at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:54 pm

parasyte wrote:

I would highly recommend shadow of the vampire to you, even though it is a holywood movie, it's great.
thanks, but already seen it, I ran a horror movie review site from 1999-2007 so I pretty much saw everything i could that came out in that time frame. agreed that it's pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:59 pm

you have been pretty productive havent you!
did you ever watch tetsuo: The Iron Man or other shinya tsukamoto films?
and if so did you ever come across any other movies while reviewing that were anything like Tetsuo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:05 pm

parasyte wrote:
you have been pretty productive havent you!
did you ever watch tetsuo: The Iron Man or other shinya tsukamoto films?
and if so did you ever come across any other movies while reviewing that were anything like Tetsuo?
Lol. I have insomnia.

I never reallly watched a lot of Japanese stuff besides the Guinea Pig movies and various zombie films. (The old movie site still has about 400 of my old reviews up here but they went to a blog layout, which I hate, and don't focus on underground stuff anymore now that I'm not running it.) I am in fact terribly sick of even watching movies, I've seen and reviewed so damned many.. =0\
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:16 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:
parasyte wrote:
you have been pretty productive havent you!
did you ever watch tetsuo: The Iron Man or other shinya tsukamoto films?
and if so did you ever come across any other movies while reviewing that were anything like Tetsuo?
Lol. I have insomnia.

I never reallly watched a lot of Japanese stuff besides the Guinea Pig movies and various zombie films. (The old movie site still has about 400 of my old reviews up here but they went to a blog layout, which I hate, and don't focus on underground stuff anymore now that I'm not running it.) I am in fact terribly sick of even watching movies, I've seen and reviewed so damned many.. =0\

I have insomnia too, which is why i am online right now. I have the guinea pig series on my PC but havent gotten round to watching them, I dont think i have ever watched a jap zombie movie, I mean i have seen the standard movies like dark water, ringu series and some of the "ju on" movies.. fuck me the ju on movies were scary. they just loved taking something every days and turn that into something scary, unlike every day horrors where it's night time, windy, dark, creeky noises, while in ju on it was happening in the middle of the day, or they took your safest places like your bed and turned that into a place to die
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:24 pm

though they're korean movies, that's why i liked moui and tale of two sisters. filmed nicely and manage to make everything sort of weird and creepy, even without really using any gore.

I loved Wild Zero though it was a comedy. There was a drinking game for it, whenever flames shot of anything (cars, microphones, etc), when someone shouted "rock n roll!" or whenever someone was drinking, you had to take a drink. ^_^ Good times. Also liked Junk and Biozombie somewhat, but they were sort of forgettable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:30 pm

only movie you mentioned there which i know is tale of two sisters, i love the scene where they show the dead mother, the way she moves is so brilliantly done, kind of like the way the girl in ringu moves when she crawls out of the tv
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:38 pm

parasyte wrote:
only movie you mentioned there which i know is tale of two sisters, i love the scene where they show the dead mother, the way she moves is so brilliantly done, kind of like the way the girl in ringu moves when she crawls out of the tv
yeah, agreed on both counts there. occasionally that sort of stuff is very well done and creepy.

on the other hand, i HATED what they did when they rereleased the exorcist. they made it silly, IMO, and not creepy at all, too over the top with captain howdy appearing on the kitchen cupboards and things. Ruined it. I now call the rerelease "the version i never wanted to see.." =0P
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:43 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:
parasyte wrote:
only movie you mentioned there which i know is tale of two sisters, i love the scene where they show the dead mother, the way she moves is so brilliantly done, kind of like the way the girl in ringu moves when she crawls out of the tv
yeah, agreed on both counts there. occasionally that sort of stuff is very well done and creepy.

on the other hand, i HATED what they did when they rereleased the exorcist. they made it silly, IMO, and not creepy at all, too over the top with captain howdy appearing on the kitchen cupboards and things. Ruined it. I now call the rerelease "the version i never wanted to see.." =0P

i havent seen this re-release, an american movie where I thought this type of movement (i know there's a name for it but can't remember it at the moment) was done well is stir of echoes when he sees the ghost in his lounge and she walks over to him, this is a pretty under rated movie i think
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:49 pm

oh yeah, i saw that but can barely remember it now, but i seem to recall that bit.

I liked the making-of stuff on the tale of two sisters DVD where they showed how they had the actress floating above the bed and stuff. Some of the interviews on the disc were shit though, too much overdone pop-psychology. Another fun making-of was the Guinea pig He never dies one, which is better than the movie it's about, lol. i think it covered flower of flesh and blood too. was interesting how they did the effects in that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:02 pm

where would one go to get guinea pigs series on DVD? are they readily available?
i just downloaded all of them in a torrent, but therefore i dont have any of the extras, i did see some of the making of on youtube.com when i use to search for the trailer son there before i tracked down a torrent for the movies.

i might have to borrow the tale of two sisters dvd from my ex to have a look cause i dont think i watched any of the extras on there, i usually only watch the "deleted scenes" bits anyway.

if you havent seen it before, i recommend checking out The Hidden
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:16 pm

parasyte wrote:
where would one go to get guinea pigs series on DVD? are they readily available?
no, havent seen the hidden, will look into it. thanks.

I spent years looking for the guinea pig movies on video a while ago, and now I found most of them on amazon.com and netflix. i think i watched one on watch-movies,net also.

some of the interviews on tale of two sisters were crap but i did sit through all the extras. i dont have it but my friend does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
oriasnuclearvomit
Bestial War Tyrant
avatar

Posts : 341
Join date : 2008-10-17
Age : 32
Location : Whiskey Southern Hell

PostSubject: Re: movies   Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:10 am

The Beyond
I Spit On Your Grave
Taxi Driver
Reservoir Dogs
Deep Red
Sleepaway Camp
Slumber Party Massacre
Space Balls
Coffin Joe Collection
Rosemary's Baby

_________________
Carnal Sadist Productions
http://csp.circleofdestruction.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://csp.circleofdestruction.net
nureintier
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-18
Age : 36
Location : under the sign of the goat.

PostSubject: Re: movies   Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:41 am

oriasnuclearvomit wrote:

Sleepaway Camp
that was a quality bad film if i ever saw one. i bought a friend the boxed set for her birthday one year and then regretted it, should've kept it for myself. ^_^

Coffin Joe stuff is a lot of fun too. I have good memories of watching that stuff while very intoxicated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-10-21
Location : Hellas

PostSubject: Re: movies   Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:43 am

I have a small collection of horror films. I love Romero's Living Dead especially Night of the living dead. Argento and mostly Suspiria. Demon Trilogy and Evil Dead. Some Fulci movies. Necromantic is great. Also Necronomicon. I find a lot of b-movies with names such as Necrofiles, Zombie lake (this turned to be more of a comedy for me), Nightmare city and more.
Of course I watch non horror films. David Lynch, Tarantino.. Can't remember now. I'll search and post some cool movies when I go home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:23 am

Lycaon wrote:
I have a small collection of horror films. I love Romero's Living Dead especially Night of the living dead. Argento and mostly Suspiria. Demon Trilogy and Evil Dead. Some Fulci movies. Necromantic is great. Also Necronomicon. I find a lot of b-movies with names such as Necrofiles, Zombie lake (this turned to be more of a comedy for me), Nightmare city and more.
Of course I watch non horror films. David Lynch, Tarantino.. Can't remember now. I'll search and post some cool movies when I go home.


I am going through some Fulci movies right now, watched house by the cemetery last night, was kind of disappointed, I like these cheesy horror movies to usually have a really badly made film based upon a good story i you now what i mean... that's my ideal gory horror movie. but i felt this one had a bit of a crappy story too, and the fucking screams the child let out just annoyed me to no end... going to watch The beyond today and zombie flesh eaters + zombie flesh eaters 2 over the next few days.

Was romero's diary of the dead any good? or how about land of the dead? I've not seen either of these


oriasnuclearvomit wrote:
The Beyond
I Spit On Your Grave
Taxi Driver
Reservoir Dogs
Deep Red
Sleepaway Camp
Slumber Party Massacre
Space Balls
Coffin Joe Collection
Rosemary's Baby


I see your schwarz is as big as mine...... now lets see how you handle it.

i can never understand why people like I spit on your grave it was such a shitty movie, i thought it was generally just feminists who like this movie just cause they're trying to make a point about strong women or something. I guess i was just expecting so much more since it was banned for years and watched it when it was no longer banned... kind of like cannibal holocaust, what a disappointment....


Last edited by parasyte on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
jb
Goat Terrorist


Posts : 632
Join date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: movies   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:15 pm

Land of the Dead is crap, but fun crap.

I love Romero.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
avatar

Posts : 639
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : the shire

PostSubject: Re: movies   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm

unfortunately it seems my house mate lost her copy of land of the dead, she has the case but not the dvd... i'll watch day of the dead, havent seen that one yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kriegsphilosophie.com
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-10-21
Location : Hellas

PostSubject: Re: movies   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:34 pm

jb wrote:
Land of the Dead is crap, but fun crap.

I love Romero.

Yes, I agree about land of the dead. It's one step crapier than the dawn of the dead remake. But the remake of night of the living dead is unexpectedly great. I havent seen the diary. Also I like Martin a lot and Two evil eyes (Romero/Argento)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: movies   

Back to top Go down
 
movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» It's 'Rate Harry Potter Movies' Time!!!
» 2013 fall /winter movies
» Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?
» Favorite movies - 2015-11-25 (RINA)
» Nailpoint In The Movies!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antihuman Terror Forum :: The Heathen's Den :: General Bullshit-
Jump to: