Antihuman Terror Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated Underground Worship

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thrash Origins

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

Thrash Origins Empty
PostSubject: Thrash Origins   Thrash Origins I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:22 pm

since I am not into thrash I am completely oblivious to the roots of thrash,
the whole BM debate sparked my interest in maybe learning a bit about this....
the only thrash i really listen to is black thrash and azylum (hong kong) and hellwitch's demos and some overkill
Back to top Go down
http://kriegsphilosophie.com
jb
Goat Terrorist

Thrash Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Origins   Thrash Origins I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:38 pm

Motorhead must've helped, no?
And I guess very early Venom.
Actually I have trouble finding pre-1980 thrash.
Back to top Go down
Witchhammer
Amniotic Sac

Thrash Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Origins   Thrash Origins I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:38 am

WELCOME
TO
HELL

I'm sorry to all those who disagree, but this is the first thrash album. Witching Hour, FUCKING WELCOME TO HELL! Oh my lawd is this album heavy. In fact, it's still heavy. And it's EVIL.

The riffs! Chorus riff of Welcome to Hell, total thrash. 'WELCOME TO HELL!" *riff*

1981, first thrash album, fuck you all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/emperorrobbo
Unholy_Impaler
Amniotic Sac
Unholy_Impaler

Thrash Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Origins   Thrash Origins I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:24 pm

There were a lot of influences in the beggining Motorhead was the main one! But also some punk, Venom, and fuckin NWOBHM, bands like Raven, Holocaust, Diamond Head,Warfare must be great influnces for thrash metal!
For the tharsh metal with more heavy metal influence which we call speed metal there are huge influnces from Judas Priest and Accept as well!!!!
Back to top Go down
FilthMerchant
Amniotic Sac

Thrash Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Origins   Thrash Origins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:26 pm

of course you can't find thrash before 1980, it doesnt exist. and obviously attention needs to be paid to hardcore punk bands, like DRI, Misfits, so on
Back to top Go down
jb
Goat Terrorist

Thrash Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Origins   Thrash Origins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:30 pm

FilthMerchant wrote:
of course you can't find thrash before 1980, it doesnt exist. and obviously attention needs to be paid to hardcore punk bands, like DRI, Misfits, so on

Good point, fucking hell, how could I not think about this...
Back to top Go down
Unholy_Impaler
Amniotic Sac
Unholy_Impaler

Thrash Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Origins   Thrash Origins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:43 pm

Yes punk was a huge influence too! Especially Misfits is great stuff! I don't like DRI they are so "happy" for me Smile lol! But some other punks acts were very innovative and a good influence for thrash metal too, especially the second generation of punk and bands like Exploited (they are so close to thrash sometimes)...
Back to top Go down
jb
Goat Terrorist

Thrash Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Origins   Thrash Origins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:38 am

THE EXPLOITED rule!
Yes, the early material is early hardcore punk, straying more and more towards thrash. Since late 80's, they are pretty much a crossover thrash band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thrash Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Origins   Thrash Origins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thrash Origins
Page 1 of 1