Antihuman Terror Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated Underground Worship

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

King Diamond / Mercyful Fate

Go down 
+4
blockman
parasyte
jb
Guido
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blackstar
Amniotic Sac
blackstar

King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:36 pm

I almost got to see KD last year but it was right when he messed up his back. So it got canceled. It would have been nice too it was KD and Kreator headlining for like 15 USD. But oh well. Theres always next time.
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:41 pm

kreator headlined when I saw celtic frost an they were pretty disappointing, they hardly played any old material, not that I am a big thrash fan but my buddy is big into his thrash and he walked out half way through the gig
Back to top Go down
http://kriegsphilosophie.com
blackstar
Amniotic Sac
blackstar

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:57 pm

I don't know very much of their material but I've enjoyed most of it I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:52 am

I found an old King Diamond interview from 1984 on a local mag that I had. He was challenged by the journalist about his knowlegde on magic and satanism and proved in a way that he had messed it up in his mind and knew too little about that stuff. It was very funny reading his answers trying to explain his beliefs and saying about a curse he once did on Manowar!! Haha! It was the most amusing interview I've ever read! Of cousrse you cant blame him for being fake, just ignorant at that time and his intentions sure was honest.
Back to top Go down
http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:47 am

sh0uld scan this interview in for us Smile
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:17 am

parasyte wrote:
sh0uld scan this interview in for us Smile

I'd like to but the interview is in greek. Maybe I can write a quick translation if you want. I've nothing to do all day.
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:00 am

that would be cool, if you have time to kill, i have some cool MF related pix to post.

King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 MFcompetition

the grimoire makes me laugh
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:12 am

King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 Bloodgorevids

anyone know if this place is still active?
Back to top Go down
Unholy_Impaler
Amniotic Sac
Unholy_Impaler

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:53 pm

As I am Greek too, I remember this intie that published in Forest mag. run by the rip of guy of Unisound, maybe it will be easy to fing it somewhere in the net. If remember right it was on Kerrang.
I don't have this issue anymore so Lycaon plz let me know...
thanx in advance!!!
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:00 pm

This is the first part only. I had translated a lot more but the fukking computer turned off and lost it! To be continued...

About “Don’t break the oath”
Dave Dickson: The album is more heavy and a lot different than Melissa. The songwriting (not sure) is better and when you hear the songs you understand that those match more together. Is this the result from the tours that you had?
K.D: Sure, the concerts helped a lot. Three lives in row is like having 30 rehearsals together! We are already accepting invitations to play on stages with capacity from 1000 to 3000 seats.
D.D: By the way, tell us what happened at the tour with Manowar and why you left from a concert? In previous statements you mentioned a sabotage from the Manowar’s crew…
K.D: We can’t accuse anyone because we have no proof. I think Paul Clark, Manowar’s manager, was involved in that story. When we picked up our equipment from the stage, we had arranged that Manowar’s trucks will carry them to our next station. Clark denied that! Martin Hooker, owner of Music For Nations, who was standing by, pissed and said: “What are you saying? We paid you to come here and you agreed to carry M.F. equipment.” Clark turned his back and went away. At this point we decided that if we had to go on, some things had to change. If the situation remained the same, we’d face the danger to be buried on stage and let down our fans. Moreover we’d lose more money for renting trucks to carry our stuff. Finally Manowar settled and agreed to carry M.F. equipment with their trucks. We returned and we lost those 1500 pounds we had paid.
D.D: Why all this happened?
K.D: I think they were afraid that we had become more competitive to the ticket sales. We learned from the label that we had managed bigger ticket sales and they didn’t want that. For that matter, they made us laugh for hearing them each time before they go on stage: ”We are Manowar and we are not afraid of anyone!” But that’s exactly what they were doing, they were scared like little children. And then, they were putting baby oil on their muscles to shine in order to pose better in front of the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Unholy_Impaler wrote:
As I am Greek too, I remember this intie that published in Forest mag. run by the rip of guy of Unisound, maybe it will be easy to fing it somewhere in the net. If remember right it was on Kerrang.
I don't have this issue anymore so Lycaon plz let me know...
thanx in advance!!!

Yes. Forest mag had some interesting things in. And some very amusing articles!
Where are you from, I mean living in Greece?
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:20 pm

Lycaon wrote:
And then, they were putting baby oil on their muscles to shine in order to pose better in front of the crowd.

that's hilarious

thanks for translating this stuff
Back to top Go down
Unholy_Impaler
Amniotic Sac
Unholy_Impaler

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:14 pm

yes, great to see it again, I have lost this issue years ago.
Forest was rip off mag, it was published inties done by old fanzines (and something like that wasn't noticed anywhere), just for example I have read somewhere on the net some old interviews of Holocausto and this guy used some questions only etc.
First issues of Forest was interesting latter was more into NS something i dodn't like. You are right also about the funny articles. These ones were the reason his fame reached even tv, talking about satanism etc lol!

I am living last 8 years in Thessaloniki, but I come from a vilage close to Kozani.
Are you live in Athens?
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:27 pm

What a nice coincidence, I'm living the last 8 years in Athens. I'n from Volos.

Yes I remember on TV, talking about a perverted person, satanist etc while showing those "mysterious" cds and having a mysterious atmospheric background music!
lol!
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:24 pm

i still remember back in the 90s, getting the unisound booklet with other cds and wanting to order and people always saying "dont do it!!!they're rip off bastards"
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:59 am

parasyte wrote:
i still remember back in the 90s, getting the unisound booklet with other cds and wanting to order and people always saying "dont do it!!!they're rip off bastards"

Did you ordered anything?
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:02 am

Lycaon wrote:
parasyte wrote:

Did you ordered anything?

never, i listened to people's warnings Smile
Back to top Go down
Unholy_Impaler
Amniotic Sac
Unholy_Impaler

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 4:38 pm

hahaha, it was really funny to see some Nun Slaughter cover on tv or to read on air parts of sick inties and at the back to listen Diaboli lol! then Panos Tzanetatos to appear on air and said all these things are just houmor lol!
or when the cover of Abhorer 7" with a demon to sodomise a girl on pentagram to appear about a year latter when Tzanetatos partner/"satanist expert" Karmis was arrested for rape/commiting sodomy Laughing

Lycaon are you part of any band?

I stop here the off topic...
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Unholy_Impaler wrote:
hahaha, it was really funny to see some Nun Slaughter cover on tv or to read on air parts of sick inties and at the back to listen Diaboli lol! then Panos Tzanetatos to appear on air and said all these things are just houmor lol!
or when the cover of Abhorer 7" with a demon to sodomise a girl on pentagram to appear about a year latter when Tzanetatos partner/"satanist expert" Karmis was arrested for rape/commiting sodomy Laughing

Lycaon are you part of any band?

I stop here the off topic...
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Haha, I didnt know that were arrested! Interesting..

I have my own project called Mooncult where I do everything and recently a drumer joined for help. I also play the bass with Disolvo Animus. We made a gig recently at 8ball, Thessalonikh!

Ok lets stop all this now, was enough! The others gonna be like scratch or worse Mad
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Here's the rest of the interview, as I promised!

D.D: By mentioning the phrase “Do what thou wilt…”, seems that you have confused Satanism with Thelemism…
K.D: Thelemism? First time I hear this. I start from the Satanic Bible. When I read it, I found out that it was exactly that way I was living.
D.D: However, are you an active Satanist?
K.D: Yes, but what does active mean? I don’t pray to Satan. It’s more like a way of life and I have a lot of proofs about spirits and powers, which is also another part of Satanism.
D.D: But the phrase “Do what thou wilt…” has nothing to do with Satanism…
K.D: How not? Maybe it has also to do with something else but it’s…
D.D: No, it’s a phrase of Aleister Crowley who wasn’t a Satanist…
K.D: Fine, let’s say that it’s a phrase that is mentioned in the Satanic Bible and maybe wasn’t created by a Satanist. It’s a phrase though that would fit for a Satanist.
D.D: Do you have a magical rate?
K.D: No.
D.D: Strange, how can you be a Satanist and not a Magician?
K.D: I cursed Manowar! I don’t perform rituals at home because I don’t belong to a mysticism organization (group) since there are not any in Denmark. There is one but they are fakes. They are such Satanists as Christians are used to imagine them and that is dangerous because they are playing with powers that shouldn’t. They treat the powers without respect and this is very danderous.
D.D: So you perform rituals without having a magic rate and without appropriate monitoring?
K.D: No, I’m self-taught.
D.D: Then, how do you know that what you’re doing is right?
K.D: I have them all written, what exactly should I do, from the high priest of Church of Satan.
D.D: Anton la Vey?
K.D: Yes.
D.D: Do you believe you can invoke those powers you’re calling?
K.D: If you perform the rituals in the right way and you believe and you are sure those powers exist, and you have respect, you’ll be able to control them but only if they like you.
D.D: Do you understand that each time you get on stage or discuss this subject, you break the Law of Silence?
K.D: I think there shouldn’t be such a law.
D.D: But there is!
K.D: I don’t believe in that law. The message I have for the people is that I don’t preach Satanism, just want people to know such Powers exist and they can lead them to a better life.
D.D: Many unpleasant things happened to Jimmy Page who is a magician with a very high rate. You that approach the subject as a common man, aren’t you afraid of something bad that could happen to you?
K.D: No because I’m so loyal that I know how the Powers see me. We are one and the same, the Powers and I. I have nothing to fear. I’m not a magician but I’m very interested for those things. I tried to use them once against Manowar and this is the only occasion, to be honest, that I practiced magic. I’d like to belong to a group and be able to perform rituals regularly, because it’s not right to do it alone.
D.D: But you made a ritual without having the proper education!
K.D: I think I know how to handle it, that’s why I did it. I believe I made the right thing in the right way.
D.D: But this is like you’re driving in a highway without even one driving lesson.
K.D: I’d like to get the proper education and that’s why I haven’t done this many times and I don’t intent to. I only did it once when I felt the powers were with me (and against Manowar).
D.D: All this you’re doing on stage, isn’t equal to a ritual? In that concert with Girlschool (when Kim Mc Auliffe was struck with electricity) you invoked a spirit!
K.D: No, that’s not my way. I welcome the spirits to join my presence in the room, I’m not invoking them. I was singing with the same microphone that struck her and nothing happened. It was a really strange story, I never imagined this could happen to the girls that played after us.
D.D: But if you want to call any spirit, the first thing is to perform the (something) Ritual of Conjuration in order get rid of the bad spirits. If you don’t do this you may open the gate for anything to enter…
K.D: Yes.
D.D: Which is extremely dangerous…
K.D: Ok, but I don’t believe there are good or bad spirits, I think it’s the same and react depending on if they like a person or not.
D.D: That’s why you need a basic control, some proper safety valves. In a concert (which is, by the way, a “ritual”), there’s a lot of trapped energy, such as if you invoke Satan or anything without the proper safety precautions, this could be a very irresponsible act.
K.D: But I don’t invoke them, I call them.
D.D: Invoke, call, it’s just a matter of terms.
K.D: I don’t call them in a form of ritual. I call them because I feel one with them. I don’t believe that they could harm the people that come to watch us! I believe it with such strength, that could be no way those could harm me or anything I represent.
D.D: But the people around you?
K.D: I don’t think anyone gets harm. My thought is:”come down with us, we’re having a good time, come to have also good time.” I don’t believe they’d harm anyone if they’re here for having some nice time.
D.D: Ok, but after the show, those things are still around…
K.D: I think it doesn’t concern me.
D.D: You brought them!
K.D: I brought them for the show! And if they come for this, they should leave when it’s over… However, I’m impressed that you know about such things! Have you studied them or you’re just interested in mysticism?
Back to top Go down
4knives
Hate Supremacist
4knives

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:39 am

100 videos!

http://br.youtube.com/666mercyfulfate666
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:02 am

thanks Lycaon
Back to top Go down
Guido
Hate Supremacist
Guido

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:10 am

4knives wrote:
100 videos!

http://br.youtube.com/666mercyfulfate666

AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ysengrin.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:46 am

I just got told they're recording a new MF album, If this is true, then it's the best news I've heard in a while
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate   King Diamond / Mercyful Fate - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Diamond / Mercyful Fate
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antihuman Terror Forum :: Metal Topics :: Heavy Metal-
Jump to: