Antihuman Terror Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated Underground Worship

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!

Go down 
+3
parasyte
jb
oriasnuclearvomit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oriasnuclearvomit
Bestial War Tyrant
oriasnuclearvomit

ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! Empty
PostSubject: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:09 pm

http://arphaxat.hellsheadbangers.com/

OUT NOW! The long awaited full-length album from the mighty ARPHAXAT now awaits! Truly Necro & Morbid Blasphemous hymns, NOT for open-minded idiots who have no idea what true primitive Black Metal is about! Consists of Shaxul (ex-HIRILORN, ex-founding DEATHSPELL OMEGA member, SABBAT (Jpn) session member, etc). and DRAKEN (ex-Putrefactor). "Loudun la Maudite" forges even more holocaustic obscurity inspired by their majestic and mysterious myths of Pictavia. Those possessed by their 2003 demo tape easily know what to expect from this obscure album.

I will be stocking this cd in the coming days, and the lp when it comes out. Support Shaxul and buy this shit...it's RAW AS FUCK.
Back to top Go down
http://csp.circleofdestruction.net
jb
Goat Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:21 pm

NEED THIS!
Back to top Go down
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:54 pm

i hope i have money coming in by the time the LP comes out
Back to top Go down
http://kriegsphilosophie.com
oriasnuclearvomit
Bestial War Tyrant
oriasnuclearvomit

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:09 pm

parasyte wrote:
i hope i have money coming in by the time the LP comes out

I'll save you one. I'm 110% on the wagon to get them.
Back to top Go down
http://csp.circleofdestruction.net
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:53 pm

niiice, only 3months till limitations on kind of work i can do drops, i cant fuckin wait
Back to top Go down
http://kriegsphilosophie.com
avrlabel
Goat Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:32 pm

oriasnuclearvomit wrote:
http://arphaxat.hellsheadbangers.com/

OUT NOW! The long awaited full-length album from the mighty ARPHAXAT now awaits! Truly Necro & Morbid Blasphemous hymns, NOT for open-minded idiots who have no idea what true primitive Black Metal is about! Consists of Shaxul (ex-HIRILORN, ex-founding DEATHSPELL OMEGA member, SABBAT (Jpn) session member, etc). and DRAKEN (ex-Putrefactor). "Loudun la Maudite" forges even more holocaustic obscurity inspired by their majestic and mysterious myths of Pictavia. Those possessed by their 2003 demo tape easily know what to expect from this obscure album.

I will be stocking this cd in the coming days, and the lp when it comes out. Support Shaxul and buy this shit...it's RAW AS FUCK.

Please,Put one aside for me Orias!
Back to top Go down
Guido
Hate Supremacist
Guido

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:30 pm

Listen to it a few hours back... Well its definitely a nice strike, sound is raw and good way; of course i like the fact its french vocals. And on the last track: WHAT A FUCKING RIFF!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ysengrin.net

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:24 am

Finally the LP version is out now...

ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! Arphaxatlppi9
Back to top Go down
jb
Goat Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:58 am

Review:

Arphaxat was formed in 2002 by Shaxul, just before his departure from Deathspell Omega, when his bandmates traded Black Metal for religious tech death and pseudo-philosophical orthodox theistic crap. Now, I never cared for DSO at all, so let's get it out of the way.
Slaves shall serve.

Arphaxat claims to play some primitive black metal in the vein of VON, or Bathory. Well, they sure do. Their first LP Loudun La Maudite is the account of a Pictavian tale of heresy, of the Devil's Possession that befell the city during the Dark Ages. Guitar-less, blasting and droning Black Metal is to be expected. The VON influence is quite perceptible, through the simple, typical end of 80's blasting, and in the redundant, droning tremolo picked riffs.

Three bass tracks are present in the mix, two of which are replacing the guitars, and as such, are distorted and playing higher-pitched riffs. The third bass is the more conventional rumbling low end. The riffs played are somehow "harmonious", not exactly flowery shit, but still retaining the primitive cold beauty of DarkThrone's Transylvanian Hunger melodies. However, Arphaxat takes out the more human side of DarkThrone, and sticks to cold, inhuman hatred, while adding an epic edge.

Each of the basses drifts on their own path, creating these strange "harmonies", strange yet beautiful. It seems like Shaxul tried really hard to deliver some kind of extremely unmelodic, blasphemous black noise, and utterly failed; yes, Arphaxat has a strong melodic edge, while remaining droning, malicious and evil in essence. Loudun La Maudite captures the devious, heretic feelings of these ancient happenings.

As mentioned earlier, the drums keep the rhythm through classic blast beats, a bit of double bass, some d-beat, a highly custom cymbal play and some breaks. It's not killer, but very decent; however, I have trouble appreciating the sound and the mix of the drums, sounding a bit too "rehearsal room". So basically, Shaxul's in charge of all the music writing, while the vocals are handled by the raw-throated Draken. He fulfils his job with talent, vomiting Shaxul's diabolic Lay with a raw black metal snarl, not extremely original, but quite efficient.

Arphaxat is essential, and maybe quintessential, in terms of evil and occult. They synthesise the darkest elements of primitive Black Metal to serve their unholy purpose: Evil.

jb february 2009

Last edited by jb on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
avrlabel
Goat Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 am

One of best bands today!
Back to top Go down
Unholy_Impaler
Amniotic Sac
Unholy_Impaler

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:51 pm

I need to get it very soon!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:28 am

jb, you have a hidden talent for reviews? Now I'm ashamed for trying to make a zine! Please, work with me!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
jb
Goat Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:29 am

PM'd Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!   ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARPHAXAT-Loudun la Maudite cd Out Now on HHR!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antihuman Terror Forum :: The Goatflesh Bazaar :: Mayhemic Slaughter-
Jump to: