Antihuman Terror Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated Underground Worship

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Funeral Mist- Maranatha

Go down 
+5
jb
nureintier
Guido
skeletonplague
malekith
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:15 am

Yes Nureintier, you summed everything up! And that's what I said at first : just read what these people have to say, and you can conclude what you want but I still wonder how some readers think it's very clever and intellectual... When I read this I want to laugh (or puke, depending on my mood hehe)...
SPR : As for using pentagrams being religious, come on... This is exactly what people don't understand with this religious trend. Those people DO believe in superior entities and the only Satan for them is the one from the christian bible. So a pentagram is religious for them, yes. But since the very beginning of Black Metal, Satan and satanism is a METAPHORE!!! Can't you see the difference is absolutely huge?! Actually religious satanism and metaphorical satanism are OPPOSED!!! Satan (by the way the name is not so important!!!) is a tool, a symbol that allows you to follow your own path. And it's crazy to know that the religious BM kids deny some historical facts like all the proofs that the "biblical" Satan has been stolen to pagan beliefs in Mesopotamia and North Africa that existed way before gay Jesus Christ. Back to pentagrams, I use them and it is the symbol of my own philosophy, I don't follow any dogma and I don't pretend I am a slave crawling "for Him". One has to use his brain!!!
I like a song title by my friends from THY ANTICHRIST, and I like to quote them all the time when talking about this topic hehe : "Possessed by my own Satan"... Everything is said here I think.
Back to top Go down
jb
Goat Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:00 am

Oh, Shaxul, there is still a thing I wonder about:
on the first DsO albums, the lyrics seems very... "enslaved" also.
Can you enlighten me on this? Because it sure doesn't look metaphorical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:01 am

Enslaved?! Not metaphorical?! One has to read between the lines. But as you belong to the ones that think VENOM is not Black Metal, I can't enlighten you so much hahaha...
Compare the 1st and 2nd era and you'll notice the immense gap. Now it's all written like if it was a christian mass, with so much pseudo-intellectual/theological bullshit and words that are almost never used to show they are sooo clever... When we started DEATHSPELL OMEGA it wasn't supposed to be original or avant-garde (makes me puke), and I think it's easy to notice this through my lyrics. Some even said it was "cliché" back then and it's not pejorative at all for me. I prefer cliché in the sense it is "traditional", instead of avant-garde shit that insults the Black Metal roots.
I am pretty tired to explain everything all the time actually... I was not sure if I had to react here at first... I don't regret but once again I think people should use their brain much more and think by themselves.
Back to top Go down
skeletonplague
Hate Supremacist
skeletonplague

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:52 am

Shaxul wrote:

SPR : As for using pentagrams being religious, come on... This is exactly what people don't understand with this religious trend. Those people DO believe in superior entities and the only Satan for them is the one from the christian bible. So a pentagram is religious for them, yes. But since the very beginning of Black Metal, Satan and satanism is a METAPHORE!!! Can't you see the difference is absolutely huge?! Actually religious satanism and metaphorical satanism are OPPOSED!!! Satan (by the way the name is not so important!!!) is a tool, a symbol that allows you to follow your own path. And it's crazy to know that the religious BM kids deny some historical facts like all the proofs that the "biblical" Satan has been stolen to pagan beliefs in Mesopotamia and North Africa that existed way before gay Jesus Christ. Back to pentagrams, I use them and it is the symbol of my own philosophy, I don't follow any dogma and I don't pretend I am a slave crawling "for Him". One has to use his brain!!!
I like a song title by my friends from THY ANTICHRIST, and I like to quote them all the time when talking about this topic hehe : "Possessed by my own Satan"... Everything is said here I think.

The pentagram could be said to carry many connotations, be them wiccan, or even christian, as it was used as the christian symbol of the five senses, and also represented the wounds of christ, among other things. so yes, they could easily be associated with xianity and other belief systems. Just as the inverted cross is the cross of st. peter, and pictures of the pope with inverted crosses can easily be found on the web. you should read again what i said, because it is the same thing you are saying only shorter and more to the point. it all depends on the context used.

As for the difference between the rest. yes i know all about the difference of theistic satanism, laveyan satanism, atheistic satanism, and etc. for some "satan" represents individuality and etc. well, in some types of theistic satanism these beliefs exist as well. all the types of "satanism" are closely related, and they have many overlapping beliefs. at the end of the day most religions are really not that different from one another so it seems like a mute point. they all have connections, but still have those ideas which differentiate them from other religions. therefore you all can say what you will, but one fact remains, religions that are derived from biblical ideas are not all xianity. the definiton of a christian is not "one who believes the words of the bible." theistic satanism follows many other ideas than simply the satan from the bible, and in many cases it is about a satan that existed before the bible. it just doesnt equal the same thing no matter how you look at it. it would have been a better statement to say that theistic satanism draws SOME ideas from the christian bible rather than theistic satanism = xianity.

why should we go back and forth? i dont follow theistic satanism and neither do any of you (i assume) i of course like to have a good debate, but the debate was dead before it started. the fact remains that i still enjoy these bands, i like the music, if i have to be "gay" for that then whatever i guess, it just seems rather silly to me, and i sure have never judged any of you based on what you listen to. i guess i will be wise to learn something here and remember this is how one gets treated as a result of his CD collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skeletonplaguerecords.com
jb
Goat Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:57 am

To close the debate:

Orthodox Black Metal is an elegant oxymoron, an atrocious concept of religious gayness, and it should be burnt as such.
Back to top Go down
Lycaon
Hate Supremacist
Lycaon

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:58 pm

A conclusion by me, and also a simple example for real life practice:

If you pray to the devil for enlightenment, strength, success, health etc etc, you remain the same stupid being!
To obtain all that using your brain and by your own strong will (and that means to avoid and "blaspheme" the religious subhuman stupidity and ways of society), you must be a fucking devil!!!
Back to top Go down
http://deumbrisproductions.weebly.com/
parasyte
Goat Terrorist
parasyte

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:57 am

I couldnt give a flying fuck what religion someone follows when it comes to music except when it comes to black metal, i feel the musician is cheating the music.

angry music should be made my angry individuals, not peace loving xians. at the same time it is also a strong form of music, and being a slave does not equal strength. or strong individuals.
Back to top Go down
http://kriegsphilosophie.com
blackstar
Amniotic Sac
blackstar

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:50 pm

parasyte wrote:
I couldnt give a flying fuck what religion someone follows when it comes to music except when it comes to black metal, i feel the musician is cheating the music.

angry music should be made my angry individuals, not peace loving xians. at the same time it is also a strong form of music, and being a slave does not equal strength. or strong individuals.

My thoughts as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Mist- Maranatha   Funeral Mist- Maranatha - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funeral Mist- Maranatha
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2